Each concussion is unique
Every case requires an individualized evaluation and treatment approach. Common symptoms include headaches, dizziness, light and/or noise sensitivity, double or blurred vision and difficulty thinking.
Most concussions resolve independently with many individuals reporting no symptoms after 7-10 days.If your symptoms have not resolved, it is important to know that Physical and Occupational Therapy can help with headaches, balance, dizziness, stability, focus, gait and mood. Your treatment plan will focus on reducing symptoms and determining the root cause of those symptoms still bothering you.
Our team will work closely with you, your referring physician(s), coaches and employers on your recovery.
What our comprehensive program means for you:
- Vision, vestibular/balance, cervical/neck and exertion testing (Buffalo Concussion Treadmill Test)
- Vision rehabilitation
- Vestibular rehabilitation (add link back to vestibular section please)
- Aerobic exercise and sport specific training that does not intensify symptoms
- Balance testing and training
- Pre-season baseline testing
- Return to play protocol – our therapists take athletes through this specific protocol and work with a team athletic trainer and coaching staff
- Return to work and life training